Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Sad Update

I'm not really sure how to write this blog post, it's not one i ever wanted to have to write, but knew I would have too...one day.

Well one day finally came.

My baby, the keeper of my heart, took his walk across rainbow bridge a few weeks ago. Around the middle of December he had somehow injured his back, I know anyone who has dogs or knows anything about them, knows back issues almost always mean bad news. And it only gets worse the older they are. My Simon was 16 and four months old. An age I am so comforted to know he got to fully enjoy.

We rushed him into the vets and had him looked over, knowing there wasn't much that could really be done, we were given meds and sent home. He was fully loved and taken care of, getting his meds right on time every twelve hours, and hardly ever leaving the comfort of someones arms, only truly put down to potty or get a drink. After eight days of meds, bed rest, and love, there was no change. We took him back into the vets, and our fears were confirmed, the meds hadn't done much, and it was time.

On December 26th, 2014, Simon went to the rainbow bridge.

He was loved every second he was in my life, some may even say spoiled. He will continue to be loved, and always hold a very,very special place in my heart.

Simon was truly one of a kind, and will be greatly missed.

I'm going to keep this blog open, it's still his place. I'm going to use it now to share my memories as I remember them, videos and pictures. The blog site is for him and him alone.

Thank you Simon for all the you were and all the you gave to me.

I love you, mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment