Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dear Simon

I wrote what I'm about to share about 2 years ago, when Simon was still very much still here. In fact if memory serves, I think he was snoring on my chest at the time, and making it hard to write. It was written in a moment of sadness in thinking of the future, of the moment I'm in right now. Sadly I  didn't date it, it doesn't matter, the feeling is the same. So here goes...
----------------------------------------------------
Dear Simon,

I want you to live out your days knowing, and feeling that you are loved. For you to be happy in the time you got to spend with me. That your life was full, and everything you wanted it to be. And that nothing has been left behind.

Know that when its your time to go, even though I will be sad, that I will be able to let you go.Your heart will always be stay close to mine. For you will never truly leave me. And know you will be taking my heart with you for safe keeping, only to be given back on the day we meet again.

I don't want to let you go, but I will. I hate to say good-bye, but I have too. Know I loved you, and love you still. You ARE my world. You have filled my life with love and joy. And every day I had with you was blessed.

I thank you for being mine. I thank you for letting me love you, and keep you safe. Thank you for everything.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment