Friday, June 26, 2015

Dear Simon - Dear Mom

Dear Simon,

You have been gone for six months today. The days don't really get much easier as the months pass. In fact some days it feels like they get longer. I wish I could say that my pain is less, but it's not yet. I doubt it ever will be.

You were my whole world for seven years. The best thing to ever happen to me was the day I met you. We had such a deep love, and truly connected bond. You only had eyes for your mommy. I still save your spot in the bed, and any time food drops to the floor, I think of you. Your food and water dish are still down and waiting for you, as are your toys.

This is going to be a very hard day for me. Life isn't the same without you here. I start typing a thought to you, only to erase it and start over. I don't know what to say to you besides how much, and deeply I miss you. That I love you.

You have a birthday coming up, seventeen. I think on that day, I'll have a cheeseburger, plain of course, in your honor. I'll even put a candle in it for you. I bet you are thinking your moms so silly for doing something like that, but when it comes to you, I have no shame. I will do anything for you. Speaking of which, I'm watching a Beatles movie today, just for you.

Can you remember laying beside me as I sang Beatles song to you? Did you have a favorite?

Mom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mom,

I miss you too, and I love you with all my heart. I spend my time watching over you, and playing with my new doggie friends. We tell stories of our moms and dads, and the time we had with them. I tell them all about you, and that you are also telling the same stories about me.

The seven years I got to spend with you, and be loved by you were the best years of my life. You spent all of your time helping me, and you showed me what true love is. You helped make my life before you become just a bad dream. Thank you for that mom.

Please don't hurt so much for me, it makes me sad I can't be there to lick the tears away. I can see and feel your sadness. You are right mom, our bond can never be broken, please try to remember that now.  You can sleep on my side of the bed, and that new bed does look pretty comfy.

I sure do miss cheeseburgers, that's something we doggies could use up on the Bridge, a good burger joint. And I always thought you were silly mom, but you loved me and that was all that mattered.
I didn't care what song you sang, you were singing to me. It was the love I felt, the words didn't matter.

Always remember I love you, I love you from the tip of my tail, to the top of my nose, and I always will. That will help you when you feel sad. When you think of me, know I'm thinking of you too.

Simon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also wanted to add to this blog a video I had made for Simon, but it's almost seventeen minutes long. So, I figured, I would instead let anyone who would like to see it message me, or comment that they would like to see it, and I would give them the link to the video.

Thanks Emmy

4 comments:

  1. Sending you a big hug from all of us today.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless woo all mates, peace to you & yours on this hard date. We are sure our RARA and your Simon are rough-housing right now up at the bridge, we shall all meet again,

    NukNuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Simon's Mom, I want to bark at you that Simon is doing very, very well here at the Bridge and we are rampaging through the daffodils and other wildflowers as we look for more trouble to get into. The Big Guy in the Sky pretty much has given up trying to corral us in; he has thrown up his hands saying "Ai yai yai! What have we gotten ourselves into?" Emmy, I want you to know that Simon, Drubo and I are best furiends! But, we love you and yes we are watching you and my Grandma, Vicki. Thank you for your continuing love. We will visit you in your dreams. Love, Bazier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello friend: I've been visiting your web and I found "great", with good newspaper articles.

    I would like to share with you and your readers more information about the Dachshund dog breed.

    I hope you like my blog "Dogs and Cats".

    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete